Saturday, March 3, 2012

Realizing

In the past of couple of weeks, I have realized many things. I realized that things may not work out the way you planned. I was petitioning to change my major at BYU-Idaho from Sociology to Exercise Science. Since they are super strict about the credit limit, they rejected my petition. Then they changed my major to General Studies without me knowing. So if I decided to stay at BYUI, all I could do is University studies or general studies. So therefore, I wouldn't have a "real" major anymore. So I decided to think about schools that I can transfer to. I thought about UVU or somewhere else out of state. But I couldn't make a decision. I was so confused that I literally lost it and thought my head was going to explode. It was definatly a time of trial and trying to figure things out. After giving much thought and prayer, I finally realized what the next chapter in my life supposed be. I feel that it is right to put my education on hold and to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It felt so right. I was so happy that I finally received direction in my life. I was so happy, that it brought tears of joy. :D I am so happy! I know the mission will be hard, but so worth it and rewarding. I know that this is the direction that God wants me to go, so I am willing to do His will. I'm working on the mission papers right now, and should be done very soon. I am trying to wait patiently to find out I will be sent in the world. I have never been so happy in my life. I know this will be the experience of a lifetime. :) Love you all.

-Laurel G.

1 comment:

Sister Ana Hernandez said...

That is one of the best decisions ever! It is the best serving a mission! I love the field so much!! :)