Monday, May 30, 2011

The Power of Music Within Us

Music to me is very powerful. I have been involved with music ever since grade school age being in choirs and all. I was involved because that was the "cool" thing to do. And being in grade school, I wanted to fit in. It was a lot of fun while it lasted. Having parents and family support me have made me wanting to go back and perform. I will be eternally grateful for them, because now there is no way I can get away from music. Whether it be from singing to playing an instrument. I cannot escape no matter how hard I try which is a good thing.

Music is very healing. When I am struggling or down, I simply turn on music and it makes me feel much better. Does that happen to you too? "Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory." What do you think what that means? When I feel connected to a song, it brings me tears of happiness and brings back good memories that I have lived.

Music does bring people together. It allows us to experience the same emotions. It brings out our feelings. How amazing is that? No matter where people come from or how they are like, music is guaranteed to bring people of all walks of life together. Its wonderful. I randomly found an amazing video by UO Divisi (All-Female A Capella Group) singing So Are You To Me. They had feeling. When I hear Divisi sing this song, I feel it. I feel peace, calm, relaxed and the feeling when knowing that everything will be ok. They are amazing and an answer to my prayers. When performers feel and truley put their heart and spirit into what they are singing or playing, I feel their emotions. Music is what feelings sound like.

Music speaks what can't be expressed. Soothes the mind and gives it rest. Heals the heart and makes it whole. Flows from heaven to the soul.

Music means everything to me. I can always count on music to make me feel better. Music really is amazing!!! :)

Love,

Laurel G.

No comments: