Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scatter-Brained

The title of this blog explains how I feel right now. So many things are going through my mins from the past and in the present and things that will happen in the future. The two main things that are going through my mind are acceptance and smiling/laughter. So I thought I would share my thoughts on both of these subjects.

First is acceptance. Do we all want to feel accepted by other people for who we are? I believe the answer is yes. We all want to feel accepted for who we are rather than who we are not. I think it is sad that people pretend to be somebody else to be accepted.

Over the years, I have learned that accepting all people for who they are is an amazing feeling. When accepting all people, I have a greater love to all people no matter where they come from and no matter what their background is.

Another thought about acceptance is learning how to accept our lives the way they are. It took me longer than I would have liked to learn this lesson. I have gone through many trials in my 21 yrs of life. One of the trials I had to go through was moving around alot. I went to 3 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 3 high schools and now to college. This may seem like a very simple thing to go through, but it wasn't. Leaving all my friends behind from each place I lived was tough. But now, as I look back, I am glad I got to meet all the people from those different places. It was a blessing. I learned many things. By accepting how our lives are, it can make us happy and appreciate what comes our way in life.

Smiling/Laughter is a must in my life. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. A smile can go a long way. I have come to learn to smile everyday. You never know you just might make someone's day. Keep smiling because you never know who might fall in love with your smile. By smiling and laughing everyday, it cures a bad day. It always helped me. Laughing and smiling makes life much more happier. Imagine what life would be like if these two things didn't exist. I think it life would be dull and boring. So keep smiling and laugh everyday. It is good for the heart and soul.

Love,

Laurel Greathouse

1 comment:

DJ said...

you are such an amazing person! i wish we hung out more together in the singles ward.