Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lessons Learned

Here are some things I have learned in life and through other people.

-Can't please everyone
-Never lower your standards.
-Stay true to who you are
-Stand up for your beliefs
-Sometimes will get persecuted for living a righteous life.
-Patience is a must when wanting to receive answers to prayers.
-Treat other people the way you want to be treated.
-Fighting/arguing doesn't solve problems
-Grudges are super lame. Don't hold them.
-Be positive through your bad times. It will make a total difference.
-Music soothes the soul (good music that is)
-Live life to the fullest because you don't know what may happen tomorrow.
-Playing the guitar and exercising is good therapy.
-Making lifelong friends is hard, but it will be rewarding
-Our families are always there for us.
-There is always somebody that cares about you.
-Optimism is the way to be
-Life is better than it seems
-Love all people beyond measure no matter who they are.
-Laughing and smiling is very healthy. So is crying...sometimes.
-Serve/befriend people. You just might be an answer to their prayers.
-Be happy with yourself. How can we all be happy if we look down at ourselves.
-Look at yourself the way Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ sees you.
-Live the life you love. Love the life you live.
-Live laugh love.
-Gossiping will make you miserable. I've seen it happen to other people.
-Accept everybody for who they are because each of them are a child of God.

P.S. Please comment/give feedback!

Love, Laurel Greathouse

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your wisdom. Laurel you are such a amazing young lady. I am sure your Heavenly Father is so pleased with you. What a shining example you are to others. I know my daughter Amara looks up to you, and admires you.

The Brookhousers said...

You are so wise! All of those things are so true... I still am working on them at my age... It is a lifelong pursuit!

Aunt Rosez said...

Very good insights, but I, personally disagree with the playing guitar to sooth onesself, I've tried to learn and it just irritates me, now wood working on the other hand sooths my soul. I wish I had been able to do it when I was in college.
I do want to make a ukella (sp) maybe I will learn to play it and sooth my mind?!

Laurel R. G. said...

Thank you Julie! I'm hoping I can see you and your family soon. It has been a long time.

Thanks Aunt Pam. I'm waiting for you to post something on your blog..haha. Love you lots! :)