Saturday, January 27, 2018

This Is My Year

Towards the end of 2017, I was thinking that 2018 is going to be the best one yet. I felt it within my bones that 2018 was going to be unforgettable. Unforgettable in a way that all sorts of good things were coming my way.

Now 2018 is here and it has been the hardest month of my life. I am dealing with health problems that have scared me. I know that I am in good hands to get things taken care of. Yet, that doesn't eliminate my fears with my health.

Then on January 15th, my dear friend, Heather passed away from a car accident. I was in shock, denial and upset that she was taken away from us here on earth. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know she is with Heavenly Father and is at peace.

Last week was a week of many lessons. Love is the center of everything. Love is bigger than any fear. There was a quote in the movie Soul Surfer. "I don't know why terrible things happen to us sometimes, but I have to believe something good is going to come out of this."

How true is that quote? It is very common that we all have trials. Sometimes we don't know why certain things that happen to us. But something that I do know is that Heavenly Father is aware and there are lessons to be learned. And that in itself is a gift.

This is my year. Yes it has been a rocky start, but I know this year is going to be a good one. Why you ask? Because I choose to make it a good one. I am not going to wait around for others to make it good. I am in charge of making it my year.

Even though I've had setbacks, I have decided that losing myself in serving others is the best way to make it my year. I've noticed that trying to be positive is the way to go. To notice the simple good things in life. To seek the good in others and to see others the way God sees them. A smile can go a long way. And that it why this year is my year. Live, Laugh, Love.


No comments: