Sunday, October 12, 2014

Love and Happiness

A dear friend of mine taught me many things in life. The thing that she taught me most was that I am loved. I didn't believe her at first. I felt inadequate in many ways. As soon as I realized I had my guard up, I had to find a way to put it down. I had to humble myself and believe that I am loved by my family, friends, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I want to pass on the love to whoever is reading this.

You my friend are loved. Many people care about you. You are smart, beautiful, talented, and fun to be around. You are worth it. Whenever you feel alone, there is always our loving Heavenly Father that is near you that will carry your load. There are always people around you that care about you and want to help. They will listen and help you in any way they can if you let them.

What do you think about when you hear the word Love? Some of you may think of your significant other, family, friends, or even chick flick movies. Whenever I think about this word, I think of loving people beyond measure no matter who they are whether I have met them or not. It changed everything for me, when this became a habit. I believe that this good habit will never leave me because its just who I am. I love all people. Its a beautiful feeling to love them because everybody is a Child of God. People are my drug. I am addicted and I love to be around them which creates my love for everybody in the world. That might sound strange, but its so true. Imagine what this earth would be like, if people started to spread more love to one another. I often imagine what it would be like, but until the contention is gone, I just keep smiling and say Life is full of amazing opportunities that we can be part of.  Life is short so might as well make it good and have love towards other people.

Next, I want to talk about happiness. I finally realized what true happiness really means. True happiness comes from serving those around you. Putting others before yourself. "Joy can be real only if people look upon their life as a service, and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness." Being happy is something we all have to learn. It's a learning process.

"The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being."

Also, I  believe the first step to be truely happy is to first be happy with ourselves. I find it sad that some people are not happy with who they are and that they don't realize how much great worth they are. Yes, I will admit that I had a tough time for awhile being happy with myself. With the help with many people, they helped me realize that it is important to be happy with myself. 

This is one of my favorite quotes of all time,

"Happiness uplifts you.
Happiness fills your heart, your mind, and your soul
 Happiness gives you the strength you need
Happiness is a great feeling that
Enters your mind
Happiness takes the sorrow away
 Happiness fills you life with joy
Happiness makes you feel happy, excited,
And thrilled
 Happiness warms your heart
It gives you a sense of relief
 Happiness welcomes you
 Happiness can be seen by a smile
And in your eyes
Twinkling with shine
 Happiness is a very beautiful feeling
Which allows you to enjoy
Every day to the fullest"

Until next time,

Laurel



No comments: