Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It Will All Be Worth It

Hey everyone! Welcome! Some of you may know that starting tonight, my life will change. A start to a new chapter in my life. Tonight, I will be set apart as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am set to serve in the California, San Diego Mission for the next 18 months to share the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yes, I am nervous and scared, because this is something out of my comfort zone. But I am excited for the new adventures. It will definatly be a sacrifice. I won't be able to see any of my family and friends throughout my whole mission, but I know blessings will come in my life through my service and sacrifices.

I can't thank my family and friends enough for what they have helped me with to get to this point in life. They are my life saviors. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the examples they have set for me. They have lifted me up when I was in a deep hole of despair. They have shared all my joys with me.

Nothing brings me greater joy than knowing soon I will serve the people who reside within the San Diego Mission. But most importantly, I am excited to serve the Lord by doing His work which is to share His gospel. I know that this experience will make me a better person. Yes, there will be up and downs, but in the end, It will all be worth it. Until we meet again. Love you all.

Love,

Laurel Greathouse

LIVE LAUGH LOVE

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

good luck laurel! you will do great!

Anonymous said...

You'll soon find out that your companions and those you serve with will be the best friends you've ever had. It might be hard to recognize at first, but you'll find a whole new family in San Diego and it's going to be very hard to come home again. Good luck! It's not going to be easy, but keep pressing forward and you'll be so happy you finished it out to the very end.