Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday/Mission Call

Yesterday was a day I will never forget. I received a lot of love from people wishing me a happy birthday. I loved it. I had delicious cake, icecream and cool gifts too. Not to mention it was my golden birthday. A golden birthday is when your age and date are the same. For example, I turned 23 on the 23rd. Crazy how time flies. Yesterday, I also received my mission call. I will serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California, San Diego Mission. I report to the MTC on Sept 19th. I am so excited! Funny story time. This whole time I thought I wasn't going to California, because I was raised there half of my life. I didn't want to go to California to be honest. Let alone being next to the ocean, because I love swimming in the ocean and missionaries are not allowed to swim during their mission. So one thing I mainly learned, never say never. I got called to a mission that I thought I would never serve at. To be honest, the more I think about serving in San Diego, the more I come to realize and know that San Diego is perfect fit for me. Can't wait!

Live Laugh Love

Love,

Laurel Greathouse

1 comment:

Sister Ana Hernandez said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
I am so excited for you! Congrats on your mission call! The time will fly fast to enter the MTC! You will do great! I love you!! Good luck and God bless!